Playing and exploring with my baby
Play is joyful, satisfying, and essential for children. It is how they learn about the world around them.
Being playful with your child and enjoying your time together can strengthen your relationship as they play and explore. Children do best in nurturing relationships with people who care about them; however, this doesn’t mean you need to play with your child all day long! You are busy and need some time for yourself. Instead, focus on the quality of the time you spend with your child; notice what they are interested in and spend some time playing along.
- When my baby is in a playful mood, we can have fun together.
- I use gentle touches and a soft voice to keep our play time calm and relaxed.
- That way, my baby can freely explore new things.
- My baby likes to do the same thing over and over again.
- My baby repeats simple actions and watches to see what happens next.
- My baby is learning a lot about objects and actions through this repetitive play.
- There’s lots to explore now that my toddler can get up and go.
- While my toddler tries out new things, I stay close, watching and talking and keeping everything safe.
- My toddler loves to move, and I am learning how capable my toddler is.